Monday 15 December 2014

Dec 1st 2014

Hey parents and sisteries!

I hope everything continues well even with the cold coming in (I think it happened every time the play has been running). Its getting pretty cold here too, a real low of 28 degrees or something maybe even around 21, so we are basically freezing out in the streets right now. Im glad all the many shows went well and that the stampeders finally won the grey cup yeah! I will be praying especially that the winter all goes well, and I hope this Christmas the spirit of Christ can be with all and that we can all commit ourselves better to share the gospel with everyone. I say hi to all the people at home especially all the extended family and let them know I am thinking of them. Say welcome back to Holly. Im glad seminary is really great class, it sounds quite a bit better than my overall participation at least, stay animated Mom! And thanks for all the cool stories, I always read every one. And thanks for the pictures, its always nice to see whats going on. 

One watch still works, but I dont use it because I always get these weird rashes on my wrists, sometimes they show up anyway but with the watch its worse. Its alright because I have the cellphone, we are just more timely lately (maybe because its two white people so we are less chill about it all haha). Thanks for sending the packages, I will be needing the two shirts (another one just got wrecked during an activity).

So its all pretty good here. Cruz Maria was out of town for most of the week unfortunately, but is pretty far in the book of mormon and is set on being baptized the 20th. She is always a blast to visit, her whole long distance relationship with this spaniard is kind of funny since hes super old, and she always likes to question us if we have girlfriends and stuff to see if we can relate to her whole long distance thing. She is ridiculously punctual, always leaves for church like 45 minutes early shes crazy and walks faster than we do. Going to be sweet. Other cool stuff, we leave with lots of members now so its fun to talk with them while walking around. Lots of really educated and intelligent people in our area with university degrees, but they still have the dominican sass. We took this one member to a few crazy lessons. This one guy who we taught took like 30 minutes to explain this weird dream he had had. He dreamed he went to heaven and it was full of people walking around this grassy field, but they couldnt talk with God they had to give Jesus a telegram paper but not everyones could be taken by God at the same time so yeah. Then he went to the Underworld and saw a bunch of people stuck in the mud and some like women dancing or something. He also in real life almost got shot while in a bar by a really drunk guy who accused him of being with his girlfriend but he prayed and wasnt shot. We are also teaching an ex preacher who doesnt really believe in any religion (especially the evangelist for some reason) but he believes in the apostasy and stuff so maybe we will be able to progress from there. So far he likes what we teach and our knowledge corresponds with his. He is one of the first dominicans I have met getting a real legal divorce from his wife, they actually got married and stuff! Its sad that they will now be separated, but his sorrow has been a chance to relate with him and teach him. Our doctor investigator Maico told some fairly scary stories about ER in the hospital, I think I still want to be a doctor though and maybe even in the ER since the whole saving people and intense situations appeals to me (although, it sounds scary). He is progressing good, still wont accept a baptism invitation but he is getting better every time and hes really smart. He talked with us a bit about Lord of the Rings since Elder Reed is super into it and a lot of stuff about medicine, I would really like to study it haha. We have lots of people reading the book of mormon now, its like a revolution in the DR, we will soon be dominating the world with the BOM haha. So far everyone has accepted one that we have given it to. This translator lady we are teaching speaks really good english, its like talking to an american. Shes crazy. We finally got our doctor to go to church and also a less active that hadnt come since forever ago, victory! All it took was incessant phone calling and a few visits. Shes cool but has a weird hairdo that kind of throws me off sometimes.

Well, I think thats kind of most of what happened. We are preparing a skit for the christmas conference. I have to play this guy (as a mime) who is searching in life for happiness and so I get into alcohol and drugs and women and stuff and this girlfriend I have rips a paper heart into shreds and I have to be really sand and stuff when I dont have no more drugs and then Elder Peterson shows up and gives me a hug and everything is good again and we all sing a christmas song at the end. Yeeeea! The guy playing drugs ripped my shirt though, so thats interesting. Well, it should be a half decent production other than my poor acting skills, I did a bad job of the faces this week. Its all good it will be funny at least.

I love all of you and hope everything goes really well. I would really like to testify of the book of mormon this week and its power in the conversion of people, those who read, come to know God. Lots of people study the human behaviour and have come up with self help books, but as always the best is still the gospel, and has yet to be beat. Its been really nice to have lots of experiences with the book of mormon lately and I have always been praying to be the answer to peoples prayers and lately we have been finding lots of people who were praying to find the truth, and perhaps they will have the faith now to follow Christ. So remember to always throw down the nets of life, and as Christ says ¨Come follow me¨. He is always there for us, and his love will never run out as long as we turn to him, and not to man.

Siempre con todo mi amor,

Elder Sullivan




No comments:

Post a Comment