Monday 27 October 2014

Oct 13, 2014

Hello from Herrera!

Thanks for the pictures of the coast, wow it looks amazing! The places you guys went look even cooler than before, and the boat sure is large and luxurious (thank you the bank of Dad). I miss sushi, I hope to make some here, I bought a few surimi sticks from the supermarket, so maybe I will have sushi! The boat sure is fast! I once again forgot that it was canadian thanksgiving, but happy thanksgiving! You all look very well in the photos, still goofy (especially running around the easter eggs) and like real sailors all there with the winds high and the sails tight. Lots of rain though. And who is the red head with you guys? I dont remember having another sister. Things have changed I guess!

Well, I guess I better participate in the thanksgiving tradition. Right now, I am so grateful for all of you. Dad, because I am the man I am today because of you and all the tireless hours and years all given to me that I cannot repay but will do my best to appreciate and all the good times because of your sense of humour, even if it has to do a lot with the toilet (be ready for my poop stories upon returning). Mom, because your love, the pure love of mother, has truly lifted me, inspired me and being your son is the best thing ever, everyone always says my mom is beautiful and I proudly say its true. Mine sister Natasha for the great example and toughening my core muscles from all the beatings and tickling and for giving me my appreciation for good music. Mine sistery Christina for her goofiness and always playing games with me and watching anime and for giving me appreciation for a good joke. Also, all the opportunities I have had in such a blessed life with my family. I am eternally grateful for the Saviour, and have such a deep appreciation for the joy of the plan prepared for us and I am so glad to have been born in a family raised in that same plan and that I have so much knowledge of the plan of happiness. I am grateful to be here in the DR, serving the Lord through these wonderful people, all the companions Ive had they have all been wonderful and especially the Minyetti family whose sealing in May or April I am dying to see. Mostly Im grateful for everything, ¨I have no complaints¨ and I hope everyone spent thanksgiving well.

We have no asian markets here, but there are pica pollos (fried chicken restaurants that have chinese people running them). In fact, today, one of the ladies at the pica pollo really thought I was chinese and tried to talk with me a bit haha so I had to explain that I was only half chinese. Next time, we have decided I will try and speak some chinese with them, but if they speak mandarin well thats too bad. Maybe get some free chicken out of the deal?

Otherwise the week was somewhat but also not normalish. President Nuckols came to our zone meeting to announce that one Pday we we´re all going to the mission home to play basketball and eat food as a zone, yeah! We have a zone conference tomorrow, so Im excited to see Elder Herrmann again and a few other people out there in the neighbouring zones. I also got to go on an intercambio (um, a companion exchange?) with Elder Peterson, my mission Dad (aka my trainer)! It was really cool, hes a zone leader here so I went with him to his area and we preached there. It was fun, they sure work hard in that zone leader area but I really enjoyed that and it was really cool to be reunited with Elder Peterson, kind of like Ammon finding Aaron and company and preaching together again. It was just like old times, other than we know way more spanish and preach much more effectively than before. It was nice to see another area and talk with the people there too. Met a really neat young member couple, it really makes me want to get married hahahahahahahahaha. But Elder Peterson is doing great, we did some really hard exercises early in the morning called Insanity, it was fun and it was nice to catch up after many months. 

Herrera is doing great, we had some more people come to church, we are sort of close to getting a dry member couple to get married and baptized but its going to take some more push on the whole marriage thing. The father wants to get baptized and married really badly, he still reads the pamphlets and scriptures and comes every sunday on time, but the wife is still a little iffy on the marriage thing and shes a little caught up in building their bathroom. Elder Suazo and one of the zone leaders had a super funny conversation about that with them while I was with Elder Peterson. The dad kept on telling the wife that he could get married tomorrow if she wanted to but that she was too caught up with the bathroom (they still have to buy a new toilet or something.) So he told her that she was marrying him, not the toilet and that she just wants to get married to the toilet so she can go marry the toilet if she wants but that the toilet cant go to heaven with her but he can. Anyway, it was really funny. They shared a scripture in the sermon on the mount about putting God before material things. And thats pretty much how it is, you have to put God first, especially before the toilet. Other than that, people are coming to church but are unfortunately university students in medicine so hard to visit. But they are pretty cool, we sort of need to give them more direction by setting baptism dates and stuff, but they are really searching the church well.

Well, I think thats kind of all that happened. Its fun to be with the members of Herrera they are really funny. We have a few that we see pretty often who like to joke with us, especially one about us being fat and ugly because we once saw this car on the way to an appointment with an investigator and we were walking there with this member and on the car was a sticker saying ¨No gorda¨ or ¨No fat people¨ and we said to the member ¨well, looks like you cant ride in that car¨. Haha, anyway, its pretty fun.

I love you all dearly, I hope everything goes really well. Hope thanksgiving was great and that the adventures continue.

Con todo mi amor,

Elder Sullivan









No comments:

Post a Comment